Thursday, June 17, 2010

Germany v. Australia Match Recap

So I know Jeremy and Andreas are waiting for me to say this and I know that everyone else is thinking it but Germany has played the strongest football yet. Wow, what a show they put on.

Going into the match I felt that the match was a 60-40 in the favor of Germany. I did not feel that they were playing so well with Ballack out and then the recent loss of their keeper. I also felt that Australia, while traditionally average, was playing a bit better than they had in the past.

Was I wrong or what? The score could have been 6-0. What else do I say? Germany does look to be the favorite right now if we are going on quality of play but this is a long tournament. A lot can happen. I think we need to save our true judgments for after the group stage and see who we have to work with.

One question that I have is, I have heard from many people here that if you watched the Germany v. Australia match on tv, Australia played really dirty. Of course there was the red card and I felt at game speed without a replay was very warranted but others said that there were many challenges that were too aggressive and the whole match from Australia was dirty. Did anyone else feel that way? I would like to watch the match on tv maybe when we get home to see. Please comment and let me know what you think.

Cheers y’all.

1 comment:

DaTruAndi said...

Australia is known to play physical.
Germany was awesome in that game, but as I kept saying - they have problems keeping it up.
A little change in the setting (like a referee with two many yellow cards to show) and they get confused.