Thursday, June 3, 2010

USA is #1 in a world soccer statistic

So apparently the USA has bought the most tickets for the 2010 World Cup. This is sensational!! That means that we might start to get the 'cred' that we deserve as a soccer nation. So be proud ye soccer fans of America. We are #1!!

I thought I should put a disclaimer out before we get too far down this train tunnel. I do not claim to be a great soccer mind. I am not going to give any sneaky insights into USA soccer or chances of teams moving on. I am providing this blog so that I can have an outlet for my excitement as well as an opportunity to share the experiences Rachel and I have at a time, in a country, that I think will provide many stories for Rachel and I. Please do not take my opinions as gospel. Take them as entertainment that can distract you from the long hours of work you have to do.

Now some updates on USA soccer that I found interesting today. Jozi Altidore, the second most hyped player on the USMNT behind the Savior of USA soccer Landon Donovan, sprained his ankle yesterday in practice. Well....Crap! We were already struggling with injuries and depth of roster but now...crap. Well, from what I hear/read it was a mild sprain and hopefully that means he gets some playing time against Australia on Saturday and then is healthy by June 12th.

Thanks for checking in and I will continue to post tomorrow. Hope all is well.

3 comments:

Vikinggirl said...

This is going to be incredible! Go Team USA!

Rachel Hammer said...

Karl-Peter. You know I hate blogs (for me) and we should probably just change the name of "ours" so it is "Kick it with Karl- Soccer Blog" or something, but I have to say... I love your writing and it's wonderful to read your published enthusiasm. Keep it up, and thanks for trying to include me!

Rachel Hammer said...

Who's rick? I don't understand computers.