Tuesday, June 1, 2010

USA v. Turkey

So last Saturday the USA participated in their first pre-World Cup friendly match with Coach Bob Bradley's final 23 man roster. The match was against Turkey who would did not make the 32 team World Cup Finals but would give them a look similar to that of Slovenia, who is in Group D with the USA.

The first half looked average. I honestly did not see the goal by Turkey but everything else that I saw was pretty typical USA Men's National Team (USMNT) soccer. But come the second half, I was impressed by Robbie Finley, someone I was surprised was on the USMNT because he has not played overwhelmingly well for his MLS squad. Finley utilized his speed to create some confusion but showing a whole lot more maturity than I thought he possessed he gains control 35 meters out, makes a wonderful pass to a streaking Donovan who crosses perfectly for Jozy Altidore who has a wide open net. Spectacular! USA Men looked great in the second half.
More to come soon.

2 comments:

Anders said...

You better have your Sweden jersey under there. Tough to root for them when they don't make the tourney though-

Capt Ralph said...

Does this mean you found a Norwegian jersey without my help? Congratulations! Sorry I couldn't be of any assistance.