Wednesday, June 2, 2010

T-minus 7 days until lift off!!

So Rachel and I have 7 days until we leave for Durban, South Africa. Tonight we obtained a money belt (Thanks Greg and family) that has a metal re-enforced belt and a lock. We also obtained electrical converters. There really is no point to this post other than trying to release some of excitement for this trip. I cannot focus on anything. Anticipation over being in the World Cup environment has created a huge hole in my mind that I cannot fill with enough soccer knowledge, useless facts or soccer related information. I have been so distracted. Some of the places that I am looking to for information that some of you might also want to check out before and during the World Cup are theoriginalwinger.com, theshinguardian.com, espn's soccernet.com, espnradio.com's World Cup podcast. Enjoy these. Lord knows I do multiple times a day.

I will be posting everyday until our departure and then, of course, everyday while we are in Durban (and other places we travel within South Africa). Please stay connected.

1 comment:

Mike said...

videos...lots and lots of videos...If I cannot hear chanting I won't believe you're at the World Cup!