Sunday, June 20, 2010

USA v. Slovenia Match Recap

So can I even say rough match?  Maybe rough result.  I may regret this proclamation, like I regret the same proclamation I made walking out of the Kingdome after watching the Seahawks loose to the Jets in the NFL playoffs because of a touchdown awarded to Vinnie “I have no testes” Testiverti’s (I hope I butchered the spelling of that) helmet, but we need replay in the World Cup.  What a match.  I was obviously wrong about the USA not coming out in a match sluggish.  That was a terrible first 30 minutes.  I love him but I am hanging these two goals on Guch.  Twice he found himself in “no man’s land” and both times a goal was scored.  He did not play like himself.  I love you Guch but you got to step up against Algeria!!  This is the World Cup.  We can not sleep on any team.

On the other hand, we showed the that USA never gives up.  We played a second half that if we play that way for 90 minutes I feel that we can beat any team in the field.  That was the best soccer I have ever seen and we won that match.  I may have embarrassed Rachel a little due to my yelling in the pub we were in.  Of course I was the only USA supporter and it was a match where one might loose his voice (hypothetically speaking of course).

Finally, we all knew how poor England was.  I think England might have just registered the worst performance in the Cup but I am really happy with the result.  Now we need to go in to the Algeria match and win decisively to show our true colors.  Our future in in our own hands.

No comments: